[tab title=”Short Term”]
- Create a Model Street from Kundanahalli to Hope Farm (9 km)
- Create a model for citizens to help themselves for a clean and green Whitefield
- Create easy to follow standards for segregation
- Rate communities on their performance
[/tab][tab title=”Long Term”]Create a clean, pedestrian friendly Whitefield.[/tab][/tabs]
There is Garbage Everywhere
- Litter on streets
- Open garbage dumped in piles at regular intervals
- Rodents visibly running around. (Remember the Plague at Surat?)
- Stray dogs all around the garbage
- Cows eating at the garbage dumps and dying plastic bags lining their intestines
- Open sewers
- Urinating men
- Segregate. It gets easy.
- Say no to plastic bags in shops – you have to change your habit for this. Carry a bag with you always.
- Ensure the shop you go to, especially the street side smaller ones, have a bin.
- Chide the shop owner if there is litter anywhere around his shop
- Join your friends to adopt a small tiny stretch of common area near your residence.
- Independent Villas: See how other independent homes have been successful with good BBMP pickups
- Community Waste Management 101
- 7 Star Communities
- Success stories
- Bulk Generator Notice from BBMP
- Waste Management Vendors
Your Association’s Role
- Compost your wet waste. Alternatively, ensure that the wet waste is being composted by the collecting agency.
- Provide a clear process to manage your Wet, Recyclable dry waste, Sanitary, E-Waste, Medical Waste and Hazardous Waste. Each category may need separate process for pick-up.
- Report monthly on quantum of “Rejects to Landfill” in your association
Here are some projects we are working on.
|Adopt a Zone – Citizens taking charge of their own areahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRRJi7vdd7s
|Join with some friends and monitor a small section of road.
|Convert a black spot into a green spot
|Collaborate and join to be part of a common e-waste program
|No Solution Yet! These are HAZARDS!
|No solution yet, but there is work going on
|It’s the law. Shops are not supposed to give you plastic carry bags less than 40 microns. Educate them!
|Donate Used items
|This is the best form of waste disposal – ie reuse. Please give away your gently or well used items here
|Dry Waste Collection Centres
|A Dry Waste Recycling Centre is in the works at BBMP. Find out more!DWCC Varthur
[box type=”info”]Come join us![/box]
Garbage not picked up? Call BBMP!
Have an idea? Share it!
Persistent problems? Write to us and we well see if we can help.