No products in the cart.
Rejuvenation of KUNDALAHALLI LAKE
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Shouldn’t the BBMP just take care of everything? Why should I need to show up?
Ans. This is a major investment by CSR funds of a private company that will purify the lake, make it beautiful, reduce groundwater contamination. The primary beneficiaries are we, the lake-and-kaluve-adjacent residents. Top government officials, including our Member of Parliament P C Mohan, MLA Arvind Limbavali and Bangalore i/c Minister K J George are expected. If WE, THE PEOPLE don’t show up in numbers, the message that goes to the attending political leadership is that there is no voter bloc here.
2. I have an important Monday morning client meeting. Is this show all that important for me to attend?
Ans. At the elections held last year, Doddanekkundi Ward’s turnout was 37%, lowest in Bangalore. (Brookefields Layout was 25%, lowest in Doddanekkundi.) This poor showing makes it very difficult to raise government funds for local public works. If you want greater government attention and a better neighborhood, then please make the two-hours only Monday morning investment. WE, THE PEOPLE have got to emerge from our self-imposed cloak of invisibility. WE, THE PEOPLE have got to change the lethargic, unbothered image that the ruling class have developed of us.
- It spreads awareness of the danger of sewage dumping.
- It raises to government officials the profile and demands of quality-of-life of the people.
- It shows potential sponsors a way to invest CSR in a hyper-local fashion.
- It is a highly mixed audience, comprising traditional villagers and newer move-ins (i.e., apartment-dwellers), offering them a chance to network and build a neighborhood without suspicion or antagonism.