Whitefield Rising is excited about Carpooling and is partnering with PoolCircle to bring down our collective carbon footprint. We will pilot it in a few communities to begin with. Here is everything you need to know to get started.
How will this work?
- Your community needs to be signed up and assign an “admin” . Here is the list of communities currently signed up.
- You then download the PoolCircle mobile app (available on Android and iOS) and set up Paytm from www.poolcircle.com/wr
- Go to the Profile section of the PoolCircle mobile app and enter your Community Code – each community has a unique Community Code
- Your admin will “approve” you thus validating you are a real bonafide resident of that community
- You are then “networked” with all other communities nearby that have signed up on PoolCircle.
- Look for a ride or offer a ride. Standard Ride Fee (Fee paid by the Ride Taker to the Ride Giver) will apply as follows
Rs. 5 per km for 2 person carpool (Ride Giver + 1 Ride Taker)
Rs. 4 for 3 person carpool (Ride Giver + 2 Ride Taker)
Rs. 3 for 4 person carpool (Ride Giver + 3 or more Ride Taker).
Those who travel more than 10km will pay Rs. 1 less from above rates
Rs. 2 for bike pools
The Ride Fee will be calculated based on GPS based distance tracking and transferred from Ride Taker to Ride Giver using your Paytm account through PoolCircle
Can’t I begin without this network and approval?
- Sure you can. But there are many people who are not comfortable with carpooling with just anyone. They would like to have some degree of validation around where they live, work or what organization they are connected with.
- The Whitefield Rising network is across groups and communities. This creates a “wider” pool of people to connect with.
- You may still use PoolCircle immediately without the WR connect..
But my Community is not signed up. Or I don’t live in a community!
- You can be the SPOC (Single Point of Contact) for your community! So sign up today here.
- If you don’t live in a community, see if you know a Whitefield Rising Champion who can vouch for you. He/she can add you. This feature is not yet available but will be soon.
OlaPool and UberPool exist. Why should I use this one?
- You have the added advantage of having a second degree of filtration to ensure you travel with atleast someone who knows this individual
- You pay less
- Your network is wider as some people may never do OlaPool/UberPool due to reason 1 above.
But there are other Carpool Apps. Why only this one
- We can add more and more as they mature. Just as you look for options between Ola and Uber, you could choose between carpool apps as well.
- We are not limiting ourselves to only one provider.
But it feels odd to pay a neighbor or worse accept money from one.
- This professional setup will soon be accepted by your neighbor/friend
- We will soon have an option to let the receiver donate this amount to a cause in WR minus processing fee. Pool Circle will waive its markup.
I am excited. Bring it on!
- The success of this program naturally depends on the “volume” of people signed up. So let’s sign up as many communities as possible. Express your interest with community and SPOC name here.
- Statistically only a small percentage of people from the database find a “match” to their destination. So a large database means higher likelihood of match.
Who can I call if I have a problem?
- WR cannot vouch for either the service or the passenger/driver. WR can only share the methodology used in bringing people together. The judgement to pool or not remains yours.
- PoolCircle will remain your only point of contact for all issues. They can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org