by helping our schools.
Whitefield Rising in partnership with Whitefield Ready and Rotary Bangalore IT Corridor supports various schools around Whitefield to bring in a range of academic and extracurricular interventions. In 10 Years since its inception, 56 Volunteers from communities in Whitefield, the program supports 2578 Government School students in Whitefield area.
The key objectives for this program are
- Improve quality of education for these students in Government schools
- Extra curricular engagement for all round development (sports, art, theatre, reading etc)
- Nutrition for a healthy mind and body (under its holistic development program, daily breakfast has been introduced to ensure adequate nutrition for the students)
Some of the recent initiatives undertaken are:
- Continuing Education during times of COVID-19 – The in-school teaching model has evolved to a hybrid model of teaching over WhatsApp.
- Ramagondanahalli Government School – Appointed high quality, well trained and passionate teachers and started English medium classes in 2019 in collaboration with Inventure Academy and TeachForIndia
In the foreseeable future, plans include the following :
- Continue with the hybrid model – worksheets, stationery, books + WhatsApp/calls
- Equip all student families with smart phone/ tab for connectivity and better access
- Asynchronous learning for lower grades 1 to 4 (only over parent smartphones)
- Asynchronous and live online sessions for grades 5-8 (device for each child- refurbished tabs)
- Pilot for live classrooms with Grade 7
To volunteer to make a difference (be a volunteer, donate books etc, contribute monetarily etc.) to the lives of these students, please write to email@example.com.
To know more, read….