Coronavirus, Flu, Cold or Allergies?
SOP on ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at your workplace
The low-cost measures below will help prevent the spread of infections in your workplace, such as colds, flu, and protect your customers, contractors, and employees.
• Ensure the screening of all the employees at the entrances.
• All security staff at entrances/contact areas are strictly informed to wear face masks. Sanitizer to be made available at entrance & all touch points for all customers to use.
• Staff Nurses must be equipped with proper safety materials (glasses/masks & apron)
• At the entrances, designated areas must be set up for COVID screening.
• Security will have to use an infrared thermometer and take the temperature.
• The customers, contractors, and employees must be asked to fill COVID screening sheet/form before proceeding into the premises.
• Staff must clearly explain to the employees it on the aspects such a as benefit, safety, and thus needs to adhere to the protocol.
• Based on the details of the sheet, if the customer shows symptoms of cold cough, fever – customers will be asked to move to a defined area. Every customer with the above symptoms must consult a doctor. This will help to assess if it is COVID or not and accordingly proceed with the treatment.
• At the fever clinic
o Staff nurse to immediately handover a mask (if they are not wearing one) and inform the patient it’s for everyone’s safety and also to sterilize his/ her hands using the sterilization solution available.
o Staff nurse takes the details of the patient (name, mobile number, age, gender, email id), select the doctor, and create the case on the Omnicare platform.
o Staff nurse to update the vitals & primary symptoms for the patient.
o At the time of consultation, the doctor will make the video call, consult, and share the prescription. If the patient is not comfortable & the doctor finds the symptoms do not align with COVID, the doctor can update the team to have the customers, contractors, and employees enter the premises.
o Doctor to discuss the symptoms, examine the patient, and accordingly update the staff nurse if the patient is a suspect of contacting COVID.
o The patient will get a notification regarding the prescription which they can download from the mfine app.
o The COVID screening/referral sheet to be handed over to the patient.
o Based on the doctor’s instructions the patient is accordingly permitted to work or asked to go home.
• If person is at home
o Any patient with symptoms of cold cough, fever must consult with a doctor.
o Customer can reach out to RxDx call center and request for a consultation.
o Staff will collect the details and schedule an appointment with the doctor after payment has been done.
o Customer can also use the mfine app, update hospital code as RxDx, update their details (name, mobile number, age, gender, email id), select the doctor and book an appointment.
o They will be asked to update the vitals ( if available ) & primary symptoms.
o At the time of consultation, the doctor will make the video call, consult, and share the prescription.
o Doctor to discuss the symptoms, examine the patient, and accordingly update the customer if he is a suspect of contacting COVID.
If the symptoms align with COVID, the doctor explains the patient to procure & use masks (preferably n95) and immediately goes to any of the following hospitals for testing.
• Sakra World Hospital Lab Services – Private +91-80-4969-4969
• Apollo Hospitals – Private – +91-80-4030-4050
• Anand Diagnostic Laboratory (A Neuberg Associate) – Private – +91-80-2668-3415
• Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre – Private – +91-80-28412956
• Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute – +91-80-2670-0810
• Cancyte Technologies Pvt Ltd – Private – +91-80-4131-1877
• Command Hospital (Air Force) – +91-80-25369030
• National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences (NIMHANS) – 080-26995530
• National Institute of Virology Field Unit Bangalore
Source : RxDx SOP