Whitefield’s wish list
- Improve Suburban Rail services
- Expedite Namma Metro extension
- Improve BMTC services; connect ORR-IRR to Varthur Kodi
- Build bus bays at busy stops – like Marathahalli Bridge
- Split some bus stops – like Kundalahalli Gate (scope for three stops)
- Act against BMTC drivers who park and block shelters for long time
- Introduce metered auto-rickshaws as in rest of the city
- Regulate auto-rickshaw fares and services as per rules
- Designate more auto-rickshaw stands
- Speed up signal-free corridors (HAL Road and KR Puram Road)
- Unclog, repair and cover drains
- Regulate indiscriminate digging by BWSSB, Bescom, telcos
- Complete repair of damaged roads ASAP
- Fence medians to prevent jaywalking and illegal right or U-turn
- Close some of the median-gaps; install blinking yellow lights
- Fix and maintain streetlights everywhere
- Ensure lights are on from dusk to dawn
- Regulate movement of HTV trucks (have more signboards about timings)
- Act against parking of buses, trucks on roads (esp. EPIP, Concor area)
- Designate specific parking zones for vehicles where feasible (with boards)
- Erect ‘no parking’ boards at frequent intervals
- Have mobile police patrol to enforce ‘no parking’ rule
- Act sternly against wrong-side driving
- Set up cycle stands where feasible
- Have model cycling lanes on one or two roads where feasible (start with non-arterial roads of EPIP)
- Prevent riding and parking on footpath; act sternly
- Build skywalks at major junctions: Kundanahalli Gate, Graphite. Hoodi, Big Bazaar, Hope Farm
- Build raised pedestrian platforms with zebra and buzzer at ALL bus stops
- Pave and barricade/fence the footpaths; erect bollards where needed
3 thoughts on “Whitefield’s wish list”
It would help if additional Traffic policemen are made available or install cameras at every junction to find those who jump signals and drive the wrong direction. All defaulters should be penalized without any exceptions.
The state of the road is pathetic; Whitefield-Gunjur, Whitefield-Kundalahalli, Whitefield-Tin Factory junction roads are dirt tracks, shows the incompetency, none can blame the rain as the roads of some of the prominent developers in these area remains in best quality even during the heavy rain.
The right to road (without pot-holes and craters) should be made a fundamental right of every citizen.
We need to include the following category also in the WF wish list.
1. Proper closed drainage systems across whitefield area
2. Proper street lighting system
3. Proper speed breaker in all junction areas to avoid any accident
Can we also request Road Transport department to provide a bus service from Kadugodi/ITPL to HOSUR location? so that we can avoid complete silkboard junction.