When using your washing machine
- While buying a new washing machine, choose one that is water efficient. You could save a substantial amount of water, as well as money, over the life of the machine.
- Most washing machines have a load adjustment button or dial, so try to set this to match the amount of washing you’re doing. If your machine doesn’t have a load adjustment function, try to wait until you have enough washing for a full load.
- Run your clothes washer and dishwasher only when they are full. You can save more than 3,000 litres a month
- When buying new appliances, consider those that offer cycle and load size adjustments. They’re more water and energy efficient.
- Washing dark clothes in cold water saves both on water and energy while it helps your clothes to keep their colours.