New BPL Card Procedure:
Take original documents & 1 photo copy each of the following documents to the Photo Bio center( list below):
- Latest electricity bill
- A photo ID proof
- Address proof
Voter id cards with the current address work well as photo id proof and address proof.
- Send an SMS to 9212357123 with the message ‘RCNEW Name in full‘. For example, ‘RCNEW Karthik M Patil’. This SMS needs to be sent preferably from the applicant’s phone since this number will be used for all further correspondence. If the applicant does not have a phone, it can be sent from anybody else’s phone as long as this person is willing to communicate the details with the applicant. An SMS needs to be sent for only one adult of the family. Within a few minutes, a response is received back on this mobile number. This response is needed to complete the application process. The applicant needs to take the phone or details of the SMS response with them to the Photo Bio Center.
- ALL the family members whose ration card is being applied for and who are over 12 years of age need to go to the nearest Photo Bio Center for biometrics. If any family member does not go to the Photo Bio Center (Seva Kendra), their name will not be included in the ration card.
- It is mandatory to carry the recent electricity bill, a photo ID proof and address proof original documents to the Photo Bio Center.
- The applicant needs to be introduced by somebody who already has a ration card. This introducer needs to come in person along with his / her ration card and his / her recent electricity bill. This introducer cannot introduce more than 5 families.
- The operator at the Photo Bio Center does all the data entry.
- The applicant will need to pay a fees of Rs50/- per family at the Photo Bio center for processing fees.
After the application process is completed, it takes up to 6 months and includes a home visit by an official to verify family members, address and BPL status. Within 6 months, the applicant should receive an SMS with a confirmation and then the ration card can be collected at the place where ration is distributed.
Further details of the process can be obtained here:
Transfer of BPL Card
To transfer a BPL card, the application has to surrender BPL first in their state & get Surrender Certificate. They can then apply for a new BPL card with this certificate.
Addresses or Photo Bio Centers (Sava Kendra) in Whitefield:
|SI NO||OWNER NAME||OFFICE NAME||OFFICE ADDRESS||LOCALITY||MOBILE NO||EMAIL ID|
|1||BangaloreOne, Mahadevapura||BangaloreOne, Mahadevapura||BBMP Complex,
OPP. Sengayyana Palya Bus stop, Mahadevapura, Bangalore- 48
|Phoenix market firstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||BangaloreOne, HBR Layout||BangaloreOne, HBR Layout||BangaloreOne, HBR Layout, BDA shopping Complex,
1st floor,1st Stage, 2nd Block, Bangalore 84
|BDA complex, HBR Layoutemail@example.com|
|3||BangaloreOne, HSR Layout(East)||BangaloreOne, HSR Layout(East)||BangaloreOne, HSR Layout(East),Shop#16,HSR BDA Complex,
6th Sector, Bangalore 560102
|HSR Layout BDA firstname.lastname@example.org|
||Sanjana Cyber Cafe||#4, 1st floor, Anjanappa Complex, Immadihalli Main Road, ,Whitefield, Bangalore||Anjanappa Complexemail@example.com|
||K.R Computers||Kenchareddy Layout, Chennasandra Bus Stop, Chennasandra, Kadugodi(Post), Banglaore-67||Chennasandra Bus Stopfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Ravi Shankar||Nisarga||#194, St. James Church Road, Mariyannana Palya, Hope Farm(Post), Bangalore-24||St. James Church Roademail@example.com|
|7||Thahasheeldar, Bangalore East(Taluk)||Bangalore EAST Taluk Office||Bangalore EAST Taluk, K.R Puram, Bangalore||Bangalore EAST Taluk,
K.R Puram, Bangalore
|8||Somashekar C K||Om Shakthi||# 21, R.Neela Somashekhar, Om Shakthi Layout, Kalkere, Bengaluru 560043||Opp Om Shakthi Templefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|9||Anil Kumar M||Pradana Vishwathma Properties||#10 & 11, 7th Cross, Nanjappa Garden,
Kalyana Nagara Post
|Opp Conopy Apartmentemail@example.com|
|10||R Narayanswamy||Meghana Enterprises||#126, H M Main Road, Geddalahalli,
|Opp Anjaneya Templefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|11||K R Mahadeva||Patel Enterprises||#20, Hennur Main Road, Kothanur, Bengaluru 560077||Venugopal Swamy Temple Roademail@example.com|
|12||K C Krishne Gowda||Mascoat||#01, Anugraha Nilaya, Byrathi, Kothanur Post, Bengaluru 560077||Near Water Tankfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|13||Lakshmipathi||Chandana Enterprises||#108, Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Main Road, Dasarahalli,
Near Anjaneya Temple, HAF Post, Hebbala.
|Anjaneya Temple/Hanuman Templeemail@example.com|
|14||Krishnamurthy||Net Services||Shriranga Shop:#7,
Near Whitefield Railway Station
|Near Whitefield Railway Stationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|15||Prem Kumar||A.M Enterprises||Rama Reddy Building,
Dodda Kannalli, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore-35
|Rama Reddy Buildingemail@example.com|
|16||S.V Raghavendra||S.V.R. Cyber Cafe||#24,Chodeshwari Complex,
Near Govt Jr College,
|Near Govt Jr Collegefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|17||Madhura||Maruthi Solutions||#5/1,Muneshwara Layout, Munnekolalu,
|18||Rajappa B.V||S.L.I.T Compters||#64,Muthsandra Main Road, Varthur, Bangalore-87||Muthsandra Main Roademail@example.com|
|19||G.N Rama Reddy||S.L.N Cyber Cafe||J Prasanna Nilaya, Belathur, Kadugodi(Post), Banglalore- -67||
1) Subsidized food supplies: (Source: http://www.kfcsc.com/pds.htm)
|Name of the Commodity||Issue price to the cardholders Per Kg. in Rs|
|Scale of issue to Card Holders|
|Scheme||Commodity||Quantity||Max. Qty. per Card in Kgs|
|BPL||BPL Rice(Akshaya)||4 kg/ family member||20|
|BPL Wheat(Akshaya)||1 kg / family member||03|
2) Treatment of major illnesses, requiring hospitalization and surgery: Vajpayee Arogyashree