- Go for a healthy diet to lower cholesterol—such as trans fat-free food, fruits and vegetables
- Beat obesity by taking up a weight loss program
- Reduce salt intake to reduce blood pressure
- Increase physical activity such as walking and other forms of exercise
- Quit smoking and excessive alcohol intake
- Do yoga, meditation and spend quality time with family and friends to beat stress
- As with a stroke, it is important for a person to get immediate medical help if they experience a heart attack in order to lessen the chance of death or severe complications. Understanding the risk factors for heart attacks can help a person prevent one from happening in the first place.
- It is also very important for a person with risk factors for heart attacks to understand the warning signs and to have a plan of action for their loved ones to follow if they believe they are experiencing a heart attack.
More information at http://www.wikihow.com/Prevent-a-Heart-Attack