Many people are currently volunteering to monitor progress.
1. Hope Farm to Kodi -DBM layer was done sometime ago. Manholes kept 40mm above for pending BC layer. Will be done in November-December after footpath/OFC ducting work.
2. Kodi to Kundalahalli – Backfilling and Asphalting of BWSSB Sewage Line trenches has started. Will be finished in 2 weeks (rains holding up). Then 50 mm full width DBM will be laid (like Hope Farm-Kodi) and then finally 40mm BC after Footpath/OFC ducting work. End December.
3. Shell Pump to Nellurhalli to ITPL – 5.5mtr width ready to be asphalted. 3 layers BM, DBM and BC. Wait to see/comment on quality till all 3 layers done.
Was to start on Sunday but last week’s rain left moisture in sub surface. So hopefully tomorrow if no rain.
Full width asphalting (18mtr including drains) only after land acquisition which is stuck as people not giving land against TDR. New more lucrative TDR rules being framed. By November end. Will try acquisition again in December.
4. Kodi to Gunjur – Civil work started along lake will go up to Gunjur BBMP limit (Nursery). Asphalting post Dassara.
4. Channsandra-Hope Farm-ITPL-Hoodi to KR Puram
Asphalting will be done post Dassara (after rain stops). Footpaths/Drain cover work will start soon.
5. Hoodi-Graphite-Kundalahalli – Asphalting in December.
6. Hope Farm, Phoenix/HP and Kundalahalli Underpass and Hoodi Flyover –
Land acquisition is the only issue. It will start in December after new TDR rules come into effect. After acquisition (3 months) it will take 9-12 months for Underpasses and 18 months for flyover.
7. Borewell Rd (60%) will be dug (major digging) very deep after December to connect final reaches of BWSSB Sewage line.
8. ORR Rehabilitation & Traffic Management (KR Puram to Silk Board 18km) will be taken up by BDA. Board approval done. Tenders will be called by month end. Start by Jan a d end by March 2016.
Includes fully tarred Service Roads, Full Length Footpaths, Railings, Drain Covers, Lane Markings, Traffic Management system, Bus Shelters and pedestrian sky walks.
Hope this helps and gives some hope to Whitefielders who have suffered so much and for so long…
This update provided by RK Misra.